Monday, November 2, 2009

What A Week

Wow, I really need to get better at posting! Sorry, friends. I just lose track of time during the week and before I know it, it is already Monday again.

Needless to say, this past week was very very eventful. Friday and Saturday were filled with Halloween celebration, and some sub-par Jayhawk football. Friday night, we all went dancing at The Replay Lounge, currently my favorite establishment in Lawrence. We went as an Asian group, with myself being soy sauce, my friend Steven as take-out and Alex as General Tso's chicken. The costumes were a big hit :)

Because in my friends we have this rule were you cannot wear the same costume 2 nights in a row, we came up with something last minute for Saturday. As of late we have been obsessed with The Beatles Rockband, so we went as The Beatles from the cover of the Help! album. Our costumes were very good, and we ended up getting some compliments. In fact, we went to see Sellout, a very fun cover band at the Jasshaus, and after describing my costume I was pulled on stage to help sing "Hey Mickey!"

Actually, I have included a promotional video for Sellout in this post so you can get a feel for what they are like. They are from Lawrence and are a blast to see. Alex and I went on our first date to a Sellout concert and have continued to go to their shows ever since. In fact, we are seriously considering booking them for our wedding reception. We really like the idea of a live band, and they play music from the 70's, 80's and 90's, so everyone loves to dance. Let me know what you think.

Sunday we went to go see Where the Wild Things Are, and I absolutely loved it. It was so cute and the costumes were fantastic! I would highly recommend it. Unfortunately on Sunday I noticed Ginsy was acting strange, so I made her a vet appointment for today. Poor doggy, she has a urinary tract infection and an ear infection. I was able to get her some medication and hopefully she will feel better soon. Eventful week and weekend.



Sellout!

Matt as Dr. Tobias Funke from Arrested Development.

The Bealtes, Help! album cover

Asian Trio

Ginsy being so cute!! My baby.

I am really looking forward to all of the wedding planning I am about to embark on. Alex and I finalized our chapel reservation last week so now our date is TOTALLY official, July 17, 2010. My friend Jenny, who just got married in August gave me a long list of bride blogs, that I am totally excited to start reading.

Here is the promotional video for Sellout. It is basically still shots, but let me know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment