Monday, November 9, 2009

Thanksgiving Countdown!

Based on the title of this post I am almost sure you can image what I am thinking: only a little over two weeks until Thanksgiving!!! I could not be more excited :) It has been far too long since I have had quality time with my family, or any decent food. I will me excited to take a break from my ramen and rice diet I have been on as of late as an attempt to save money and lose weight.

I think Alex and I have finalized our plans for the holiday, which is always nice for a planner like me. The plan is to visit his mom in Topeka early in the day of Thanksgiving, and head to Wichita for the rest of the break. There we will be able to hang out with my family, and attend the wedding of his good friend Jenna, who is getting married in Wichita Saturday the 28th. I am anxiously awaiting the relaxation, food and quality time with people I love.

On another note, I think I have finally gotten used to the time change. Last week I was in bed usually by or shortly after ten, and up early as well. I have never had such a hard time getting used to standard time as I did this year, having a full time job. Obviously the time change doesn't really affect Ginsburg because she sleeps like 20 hours a day :) In fact, look below; as I write this post she is sleeping on my lap.

Ginsburg, sleeping on my lap while I play on the Internet.

Per usual, the week went by very quickly. After a long day at work on Friday I was able to start the weekend right by catching up with my two very good friends and Alex's roommate, Matt and Nathan downtown at Bourgeois Pig. It was my first time there, but it was quite delightful, and it was a gorgeous day. Here is the link for the information on lawrence.com for those interested in more about the establishment.
http://www.lawrence.com/places/the_bourgeois_pig/

Alex took the MPRE Saturday and quickly went off to a bachelor party so I didn't get to see him that much. But I watched the game, was sad when KU lost, but was quickly able to make the day good by hanging out with some friends on my front porch, since it was so nice outside. Pictures posted below.

Annie, Steven and I showing off our fan cans.

Lacey playing in the leaves with Ginsburg

Ginsburg matches the leaves, here she is completely buried.

The start of the process to bury Ginsburg.

Sunday was lazy, with the highlights being chinese buffet and seeing Carly because she was in town. Oh yeah, and Dexter. I am looking forward to this week. I have already started doing a lot more wedding planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment