Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Almost Here!!!

I am so excited for Halloween I can barely stand it. My favorite holiday (besides my birthday), is this week, and I feel prepared. I just have some last minute stuff to do. Lacey (my roommate) and I are going to run out and get stuff for our costumes this week. At that time I need to get candy and maybe a few more decorations in hopes of getting some trick-or-treaters.

Yesterday we all got together and carved pumpkins. Before carving, a few of us went to the pumpkin patch east of Lawrence and had a good time. Below are some pictures from the day.


This is the final product of the pumpkins Alex and I made. My pumpkin is the owl and his is the jack-o-lantern. I think they look so cute at night.

After we cleaned out our pumpkins we roasted the seeds and they were very very delicious!

This is at the pumpkin patch. We went to Shaake's pumpkin patch in East Lawrence. It is so cute :)

This is my friend Megan. We went through the corn maze and this his her sliding down at the very end.

This is all of us trying to act like little kids to get our picture taken. Luckily some nice person at the patch found this humorous and agreed to take our picture.

Needless to say, the day was very good and really got me in the mood for the week.

I think Ginsburg is ready for the week too. She was scared of pumpkins last year, but after the carving festivities this year she is used to them. Her costume is also so cute, I am sure she is just so excited to wear it.

Alex and I came up with our Halloween costume. I am going to be soy sauce, and he is going to be General Tso's Chicken. I think it will be a hit, I just need to work on it this week.

Everything else is pretty calm. I will try to update more often during the week, hopefully with lots more to talk about.

That is it for now.

Peace, love and curls.

Jacque

No comments:

Post a Comment