Monday, November 16, 2009

Too Much Fun for Rafa

Where does time go? I mean really, where does it go?? November is already half-way over, and I feel like it just started! That being said, I do not mind. I am VERY VERY excited for Thanksgiving.
The past week was fairly normal. However, I did travel home to see my sister in the musical Footloose. Alex came with me and he got to experience Wichita Collegiate Dinner Theatre at it's finest. Over Thanksgiving break he will get to experience the alumni basketball game, good times as WCS. The musical was cute, but going back makes me feel so old now. I am not sure if i like it. The feeling is odd, but not really bad...
Saturday I went to the KU football game. Obviously that was a disappointment, but basketball season is here in full swing, and our team is AWESOME. I get so excited watching them, so I am ready to get in the basketball spirit and out of the football spirit.
Maddie and Carly were in town (Alex's sisters and two of my very good friends), so it was great to see them. We took Maddie to Dempsey's Pub to get a fabulous burger and she really enjoyed it. The burgers are great.
Check out the menu and go there to experience them! http://www.theburgerstand.com/That night I went to the Barrel House Piano Bar. It was my first experience there and let me tell you, it was crazy. As soon as I walk in I see my roommate Lacey, on stage with her monkney (stuffed that is), Rafa. Rafa occasionally makes an appearance with us, and that night he did because his birthday was yesterday. The pianists loved us because we were having so much fun, so it was a blast! Sad for Rafa though, he lost an arm. Now we are on a mission to get him a new one. Lacey wanted to see if they found it at the Barrel House so when she got home she proceeded to call, inform them she brought a "prop" out, and asked if they had found the arm. It was great.
Today was the first snow and I got my hair cut, so very eventful for one day. I got my straight across bangs back, so I am very excited. Oh yeah, and I think I found the wedding dress I am going to get. I would post a link, but I don't want Alex to see it :)
Check out pictures from the week below!

Rafa in the tip jar!

Rafa on the piano with the player!

Me and my sister Heidi in her 80's prom dress for Footloose.

Gins, striking a pose!

That is all for now. Just counting down the days until Thanksgiving.

Until next time,
Peace, love and curls.

Jacque

No comments:

Post a Comment